Sunday, January 17, 2010

Testimonial - "Kara Goucher"

New Phiten Athlete: Kara Goucher

(09/28/09)



Kara Goucher
Now on the Phiten Pro Staff!

Already widely recognized by avid runners, Kara Goucher is the newest athlete to join our Phiten Pro Staff. The American track star is a 2008 Olympian, 2007 World Outdoor bronze medalist, and 2000 NCAA Champion. She is coached by American running legend Alberto Salazar, and lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, Adam Goucher, who is also a professional runner.

We asked Kara a few questions about why she uses Phiten. Here she is in her own words:

Have you used the Phiten Liquid Titanium Massage Lotion?
Yes - I have had my massage therapist use it as massage lotion after really hard workouts. I feel like it aids in my recovery. And I have also used it on sore muscles. I'll just rub some lotion on my quad or whatever is sore right before I go to bed. I really believe that it makes my recovery faster and stronger. Some massage lotions are pretty thick and heavy, but it's light and comfortable on my skin.

When did you start using Phiten?
I started using Phiten in the fall of 2007. I saw it on Paula Radcliffe, my personal inspiration, and researched it online. I ordered some necklaces and my husband and I gave them a try. We haven't run a single step without them since we got those first necklaces.

Do you feel like Phiten makes a difference in your running or recovery?
I do feel like it has made a difference in my running and my recovery. I never run without it because my performances and training have become more consistent since I started wearing Phiten. But I really feel the biggest benefit I get out of it is the recovery aspect. I always make sure that I have some Phiten on, all of the time. And when I sleep I double up. I'll wear a necklace and socks or a necklace and some lotion. I feel like it has allowed me to recover at a much quicker rate and I just don't feel as beat up after hard workouts when I have slept in Phiten afterwards.

What are some of your favorite products?
One of my favorite products is the Titanium Necklace X30 Tribal. I like that it doesn't have a big clasp. It stays in place and doesn't bounce around when I run.

I also love the Titanium Bracelet Star. I like to be wearing Phiten all of the time but sometimes when I'm not running I don't want to be wearing a necklace. So, I love these bracelets - they are causal and look good with my sports watch. But when I'm running, I prefer the Titanium Bracelet S-Type because it doesn't bounce around.

My final favorite product is the lotion. My massage therapist will use it instead of regular massage lotion after my long runs and really tough workouts. Through the massage it gets deep into all of my beat up muscles and I feel like it helps me to recover better and stronger. I really love this lotion. I also massage into sore areas on my legs before I go to bed. It has a good consistency - it's not too heavy and not too greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment